IMMIGRATE TO AZERBAIJAN
Immigration to Azerbaijan
How is life in the Azerbaijan
The Culture of Azerbaijan is under the influence of Iranian, Turkic , Caucasian; also, Russia because of its former status as a Soviet republic. People in Azerbaijan like dance, art, mugam music which is traditional music of Azerbaijan.One of the oldest traditions of the people in this country is the celebration of Nowruz and is a cherished holiday of a New Year and spring. other countries, peoples whose living under pre-Islamic Persian Empires also celebrate Nowruz.
their official language is Azerbaijani, Azeri, a Turkic language closely related to and partially mutually intelligible with Modern Turkish.unfortunetly Most people in Azerbaijan can’t speak English, which means you’ll need to know their language if you want to get away from the touristy areas.
The climate of Azerbaijan is slightly continental, with relatively cold winters and hot summers.
At first half of the spring weather is uncertain with rapid shifts between warming and cooling, the average temperature in this season is 13C.
the summers are longest season. It is hot and dry, and the average temperature is 30C.
Through the autumn the weather is still warm but there’s no exhausting heat. The average temperature during autumn is 20C.
The winters coldest season in Azerbaijan , Foehn winds are typical for the season, and average of temperature in winter is 4C.
Cost of living in Azerbaijan
Housing and utilities costs
the cost of monthly rent is about 529.36 man
for 1-bedroom apartment in city center. for rent an apartment outside of center cost is 289.74 man.
Budget that you need to consider for basic utilities (Water, Electricity, Garbage, Heating, Cooling) is around 80.57 man per month.
The average costs that you should pay monthly for foods and groceries is around 70 man, it is also depends on your lifestyle and the city in which you live.
Dinning out in Azerbaijan in average restaurant costs 10.00 man per person.
Public transport is not expensive, and every person can afford it. and prices is 20.00 man per month. For one-way ticket you should pay 0.30 man. For taxi tariffs is start from 1.70 man and around 0.70 man for 1 km.
Type of visas In Azerbaijan
As a matter of historical, political, geographical influences and economic circumstances, Azerbaijan migration policy has evolved over the years. However, the recent legislation, especially the codification of migration rules by adoption of a new Migration Code served as a solid basis for unified and more decisive approach to immigration in Azerbaijan.
Applications for a working permit should be reviewed within 20 days. A working permit is issued for 1 year or for a lesser period if the employment contract is signed for the period under 1 year. The duration of the working permit can be extended each time for maximum of 1 year.
Every legally capable foreigner or stateless person above 18 years is entitled to perform labor activities within the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan after getting working permit through legal entities, individuals dealing with entrepreneurship activity not establishing legal entity and branches and representative offices of foreign legal entities that employed him/her in a way and at terms stipulated in this Code. Legal entities, physical persons engaging in entrepreneurship not establishing a legal entity and branch and representative offices of foreign legal entity shall get a working permit for every foreigner or stateless person they want to employ.
However below are the categories of employees that are exempt from obtaining work permit:
- Those who possess permanent residence permit in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Those engaged in entrepreneurship activity in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Employees of international organizations.
- Those who are for a business trip (missions) to the Republic of Azerbaijan with total duration of 90 days within a year on activity fields defined below:
- Mining industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Electricity, gas, steam and conditioned air supply
- Information and communication
- Finance and insurance
- Water supply, wastewater and waste disposal.
- Managers of the organizations established under international agreements and their deputies
- professors and tutors invited to universities (higher educational institutions) for delivering lectures and Lecturers
- Art workers, coaches and athletes invited to work in sport clubs and registered at relevant executive Authority
- Those who perform professional religious activities in the officially registered religious institutions
- Heads of branch offices and representative office of foreign legal entities in the Republic of Azerbaijan and their deputies
- Heads of legal entities and their deputies established in the Republic of Azerbaijan and having at least one founder or one of the founders of a foreign legal entity or foreigner
- Those married with the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, subject to registration of that citizen in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan at the place of residence
- Those, who applied for internally displaced person (“IDP”) status, received IDP status or was granted a political asylum
- Those who patronize citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan under 18 years old or I group disabled individuals.
Foreigners and stateless persons intending to reside temporarily on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan should obtain a relevant permit for it and a permission card for temporary residence by the State Migration Service of Azerbaijan.
It must be emphasized that foreigners and stateless persons intending to reside temporarily and engage in paid labor on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan should obtain a work permit in addition to the temporary residence permit. Foreigners whose applying for the residency in Azerbaijan are asked to submit all documents necessary proving their identification and legal grounds for stay in Azerbaijan. Besides these documents, foreigner should provide reference certifying that the person is not carrier of a virus of any disease included in the list of dangerous infectious diseases.
Permission card for temporary residence in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan is a document authorizing foreigners and stateless persons to reside in the Republic of Azerbaijan temporarily, and exit from the Republic of Azerbaijan and return back to the Republic of Azerbaijan under visa-free regime during its validity period. Moreover, residency card certifies the identity and place of residence (domicile) of the foreigner in Azerbaijan.
Foreigners and stateless persons are issued permit for temporary residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan in the following cases:
- they are in close relationship with a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan. Parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren, sister and brothers having common parents are considered to be close relatives by law
- they invest at least 500,000 Manats (AZN) in the economy of the Azerbaijan
- In case they possess real estate in Azerbaijan which is worth at least 100,000 Manats (AZN) or funds in the same amount in the banks in Azerbaijan
- the price of the real estate in Azerbaijan is assessed by independent assessment agencies and the real contract price of the real estate is not taken into consideration by authorities
- they are highly qualified specialists in the spheres of economy, industry, defense, science, culture, sports, etc.
- they are family members of foreigners and stateless persons temporarily or permanently residing on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- they hold positions of head or deputy head of a company owned by a foreign person, or where they hold such positions in the branch or representative office of a foreign legal entity in the Republic of Azerbaijan
- they engage in entrepreneurship activity in the Republic of Azerbaijan. This is only considered as a ground for issuance of a permit for temporary residence in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan where via this entrepreneurship at least 5 persons (on full time) or 10 persons (on part-time) are employed. In this case, at least 80 percent of the employees are required to be the citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- they obtain work permit in a way envisaged by the Migration Code to carry out paid labor activity on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- they obtain full-time education at institutions of higher education (universities) and technical schools (vocational colleges), as well as in case they obtain education at secondary schools in the Republic of Azerbaijan
- they are engaged in professional religious activity at officially registered religious institutions
- there are grounds envisaged by the international agreements of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Time of validation of temporary residence
The period of temporary residence permits varies depending on the grounds on which they are issued. For example, foreigners investing at least 500,000 manats in the economy of the country can get temporary residence permits for the period defined by the application but no more that 3 years and such permits can be extended each time up to 3 years. However, on other grounds of residency permits are granted for the first time up to 1 year and could be extended up to 2 years each time. State fees for the residency permit is calculated on 10 manats (AZN) per month bases, for example 120 manats (AZN) for 1-year residency.
Moreover, applicants should be informed that there are different grounds for rejection of granting residency permit or extension of period of residency permit. In these regards, foreigners who are granted with residency permit should stay in Azerbaijan territory not less than 90 days within 180 days period in order to qualify for the extension of the residency permit.
Foreigners and stateless persons temporarily residing for not less than 2 years on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the basis of a relevant permit can submit application to obtain permit for permanent residence. A permanent residence permit in the Republic of Azerbaijan is issued for the period of 5 years. At least 3 months before the expiry date of this permit, on the basis of an application of a foreigner or stateless person, the permanent residence permit may be prolonged for additional 5 years
Our business set up services include company formation and registration services, taxation, accounting & bookkeeping, audit and assurance, legal (Includes Intellectual property law) and branding consultation.
At Business Setup Worldwide, we have an experienced team of professionals, specialized in advising the right kind of business setup considering the need. Our consultants design specific services which help business owners to start a business in a cost effective manner in your desired location.